What is Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber?
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber is a strategy video game hybrid that combines elements from the tactical role-playing and real-time strategy genres. It was originally released in Japan in 1999 and North America in 2000 for the Nintendo 64. It is currently available to purchase as a digital download for the Nintendo Wii U in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia.
This interactive visual tool makes it easy to start the game with the units you want.
Select the four units you want, and the calculator will tell you which answers to provide during the introduction.
These interactive maps show the location of items hidden in the field and the neutral encounters available in each mission.
These guides are written and hosted on other websites. Many of them are hosted by Ogre Battle 64 Archive, the most comprehensive Ogre Battle 64 fan site.
Character Class Guides
- How to promote Soldiers into Fighters and Amazons
- Special Recruitable Characters
- Human Male Classes
- Human Female Classes
- Undead Classes
- Demi-Human Classes
- Monsters Classes
- Dragon Classes
- Golem Classes
- Demon Classes
- Abridged Walkthrough by Zargata
- A visual chart showing all of the missions and branching paths in the story. It includes recruitable characters for each mission as well as Chaos Frame changes that are triggered by player choices.
- Guide and Walkthrough by CyricZ
- The highest rated and most popular GameFAQs guide and walkthrough used by the Ogre Battle 64 community.
- Let’s Play by locuacius
- A written walkthrough in a let’s play format with many screenshots and details about game systems. However, due to the nature of let’s plays, it is not comprehensive and only represents a single playthrough.
- Prima Player’s Guide
- A scanned copy of the original Prima Player’s Guide. This guide is very detailed, but it also contains many errors. It can be helpful to new players, but keep in mind that it primarily guides you through one route of the game and misses a lot of the details. Blech san has documented all of the errors in a separate guide.
Game Systems Guides
- Chaos Frame
- Chaos Frame is an invisible reputation value that determines which special characters you can recruit and which ending you receive. Exactly how this system works is still not completely understood.
- Character Alignment
- Alignment determines which classes your units can change into and if you liberate or capture strongholds.
- Love & Peace
- Love & Peace is a rare item that can be used during missions to recruit characters from enemy units. It is best used to recruit rare or limited character classes like Black Knights, Angel Knights, and Saturos.
Last Updated April 13, 2021